Todd's little sister is a varsity cheerleader at her high school. Every summer they do a fundraiser where they do a mini cheer camp. They have little girls from ages 3-12 come for three days and learn cheers and a dance, then they perform for the parents.
This year Isabelle was old enough to go for the fun. We went down and stayed with my in laws for three days and Isabelle learn how to be a cheerleader. She LOVES to dance but she is her own person and doesn't like to be told what to do. All week I told her she was going to be just like Carol but she had to follow the big girls and do whatever they did. She was very excited but I was a little nervous about how she would do. There were about 30 girls her age so it was a little distracting to her but she had a blast. We would come home and practice her 30 sec. song to Little Mermaids, Kiss the Girl, and she actually was doing pretty good. The night of her performance she wore her hair and shirt just like Carol's and she was excited. It was her time to go on and during her cheers all she did was stick her tongue out and watched the audience. During her dance she did do a little better as she was watching me do the actions down in the front. Over all she was a darling little cheerleader and she did pretty good. She was so proud of herself and couldn't wait to show daddy and her other grandma and grandpa. Once fall comes we are going to put her in a dance class and I think it will be very good for her and I think she will do better with a smaller class. I just can't believe how old she is getting...time goes by to fast!
10 comments:
How very cute!!!
Oh Man! You've got to watch out for just how cute and sassy that little girl of yours is! She's adorable!
She is so darn cute. How's it going? I have not seen you forever.
Hope you're enjoying summer!!!
Aahh, how sweet is she? I think she'd enjoy a dance class, I know tristyn has enjoyed stuff like that too.. plus it helps build their self-esteem! How ya feeling?
How stinkin'cute is she!!!!Have a happy 4th.
Autumn
That looks like so much fun! She looks so cute...
This is so cute. How fun that she could be a real cheerleader. My 4 year old niece would go crazy over that.
Hi Guys, I just found you through April and Owen's blog. It was fun to do a little catch up on what you are doing. Your little girl is so grown up, and adorable! Keep in touch.
Ashley (Neeleman) Cole
DARLING Isabelle! I can't believe how fast she's growing up! She is so cute and we miss her! And you guys! Let's play this summer!!!! PS - I think you should check our blog. :)
She is a cutie! I am so glad that we were able to see you while you were down. It was a lot of fun! Make sure to call, when you are in town next!!
Post a Comment