Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We also had a great holiday weekend. Todd was able to have 4 days off in a row and so we took advantage of it. This is what our weekend consisted of:

- Camping with my family up Diamond Fork Canyon :8 adults, 12 kids under the age of 12 and 4 tents.
- Riding bikes around the campground
- Going swimming at the Spanish Fork swimming pool
- The great Provo parade
- Enjoying the HOT sun
- Four wheeling with grandpa
- Floating down the river
- Great dutch oven dinner
- Smore's by the fire
- Trying out Todd's new fishing pole at Strawberry Reservoir with Britni and Jason and not having the best of luck
- Being stuck in bad traffic in Provo Canyon while a brush fire was extinguished
- Coming home and taking a hot shower!

Over all we had a great weekend spent with great family! Isabelle loves to go camping and she had a blast with all of her cousins. She didn't want to come home. Here are some fun pictures of our fun weekend!



I also wanted to express how grateful I am to live in this wonderful Country. I think a lot of times I take our freedoms for granted. I forget how lucky we are to live in this beautiful land. I love this holiday and the patriotism it brings to everyone around. I love being able to stand up and put my hand over my heart when a flag passes by. I love that there are brave people who are fighting and sacrificing so that I can live my life the way I want. I wish that we could have this sense of patriotism all year round. I was raised with very patriotic families and was taught how important it is to show our respect to our country. I only hope that I can instill those same lessons into my children.

5 comments:

Tyler and Sheena said...

Hi Heidi, this is Sheena Schippers from the ward. I just found your blog off of my sister-in-laws, Deborah Riley (or Schippers, I'm not sure how you know her.) What a small world.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Cute pics Heidi! It sounds like you had a great time, how nice that Todd had some time off...

Do you know what you are having yet?

Kevin and Brooke said...

Looks like you guys had a fun and exhausting holiday. That's the fun of it though. I love seeing the pics of Belle and your family. She's so big. Glad you had a long weekend with Todd. It must be nice to have somewhat of a routine now that he's done with school. We miss you guys as always, sorry we didn't get together in May. We'll plan for it next time.

The Allen Family said...

What a fun weekend and cute pictures! It was great to talk to you this week! I miss you! We are seriously getting together sometime before the summer is over! :)

John & Britta said...

I have the same blue polka dot shirt with pink flowers for Katie. It's very cute!