Friday, November 16, 2007

Heidi In Real Life

This last week me and Todd went to the movie just the two of us. We haven't done this for at least two years. When we lived in Vegas it was to hard to find a babysitter and we were just to busy. Now that we live back by family I said it is time for just the two of us to go. We dropped Belle off at my parents and went for the night. It was so nice to just go with each other and not have to worry about a little one (I love being a mom and wouldn't change that for anything .) Once we got to the movie theater I remembered another reason why we don't go to the movies very often, they are so dang expensive. Todd gave me a $5 dollars to go and buy a treat and I couldn't buy anything with that. My husband is great and said that I was worth every penny that he paid to get the big refillable popcorn and drink. We went to go see Dan in Real Life with Steve Carell. In our house The Office is a show that is not missed and so when this new movie came out we knew it was a must see. Anyways this movie was great! I loved every minute of it. These days it is hard to find a good family show that you are not ashamed to say that you saw. Me and Todd were laughing so hard but then it could also be considered a chick flick- the perfect mix. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but it is about a single dad raising three girls and just the trials and experiences that he goes through in his every day life. It made me think about my every day life and compared to his at times, my life is a dream. I love my life and am so blessed in every way possible. Everyone has their own disappointments, struggles, and changes in their life but we always need to remember how good we have it. Lately all I can think about is how I just want to know what are future holds for us. Right now because of our situation that is a mystery. One line in this movie (which I can't remember exactly) said something like, If you can't plan your life then plan to be surprised. I totally needed that line. I love to plan everything out and know exactly what is going to happen but right now I can't do that so I am trying to plan to be surprised! I know that everything will work out and what happens is supposed to happen. So here I am trying to be Heidi in Real Life.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I've heard such good things about this movie!! We really need to get out & see it. And I have a secret crush on Steve Carrell. We are huge fans of The Office too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the movie. Brian and I laughed the whole time. It was such a great show. Hurray that you got to go on a date!!!!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Lane and I loved this movie as well. I don't think I have laughed so hard through a movie! I love how you used it in your blog- Heidi in real life, it gave me something to think about!