Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OCTOBER!!!

Here are some fun things we did this past month!

We met up with some of our cousins, grandma, grandpa George and grandma Melba and enjoyed a great day at Cornbelly's! We played at the princess bounce house, played in the corn sandbox, conquered Cornbelly mountain, road the cow train, tried to go in the Creature, jumped on the the giant pillow, had lunch, saw the pumpkin princess and finished with the corn maze.It was a beautiful day and we had a blast!










We did get a pumpkin this year but Isabelle is never too excited to carve it. She HATES getting her hands dirty so I think carving the pumpkin is more for me. It couldn't be a good Halloween with out a fun night of carving the pumpkin. So I pulled all the gross stuff out, making Isabelle touch it once and then Todd finished carving the face. After he finished he put it on the porch and the pumpkin threw up all over from eating too much candy! Isabelle thought that was so funny! What a creative dad!



This year Isabelle decided she wanted to be a princess for Halloween! No surprise but when I asked her which princess she wanted to be she said she was going to be TinkerBell! I am not sure if TinkerBell is a princess but that is what she was going to be and there was no changing her mind. Luckily my sister had a little TinkerBell costume that we just added a little too. She was so cute and excited for Halloween this year. I think this was the first year that she actually understood what the holiday was about. We had a fun week dressing up for her dance class, a birthday party, the ward party and then finally for the big night of Trick or Treating. We got together with some neighbors and had doughnuts and hot chocolate and then headed out to the neighborhood. TinkerBell was so excited that she ran from house to house. She made sure she said Trick or Treat and Thank you and then ran to show us what yummy treat she got. It was a beautiful night to be out, we did get a little rained on but that didn't slow her down. She got quite the bag full of candy and was so excited to come home and share it with everyone. It is so fun to see the excitement in her eyes and the fun she has!



Over all we had a great month and a happy Halloweeen!

2 comments:

Johnny and Kaley said...

Looks like you guys had a great October! It was really fun to see you the other night! Lets do lunch soon!

Keshia Phill said...

I loved your post! I enjoyed the text of Isabelle for Halloween! I think she was the cutest Tink. I am in Kentucky for a couple of weeks and I'm so glad I get to enjoy the fall season with beautiful leaves! I'm excited for the new little one for you guys!