I have been a big slacker lately on posting only because we have been super busy! So this is my attempt to catch up on the last months activities. First of all we started the month out by buying and moving into our first house! It was a long, stressful, exhausting road but we finally were blessed with a beautiful new home. We were sad to leave our apartment and all of our great friends that we lived by but we are so excited to finally be in a house. Todd loves that he can turn the TV or his music up as loud as he wants, that we don't have neighbors making loud noises above us and that we have a yard. Being 7 months pregnant, moving was not the funnest or the easiest thing. I am so grateful for our wonderful family and friends who helped out. We never could have done it without them. After a couple of long tiring days I think that all three of us had over done it and we were exhausted. Isabelle was so excited to move and she absolutely loves the house. She was so excited for her big room with her walk in closet and a little playhouse under the stairs. She did get a little confused when we were packing everything up and when we left the apartment.She has adjusted well though and loves that we have a back yard. I am never a big fan of change but we feel like this is where we should be and we have already met some great friends.
I am realizing that living in a house is a lot different then an apartment. First of all it is a lot bigger therefore there is a lot more to clean and take care of. Then there is the long list of things that we need to buy to go along with the house. It seems like this list never ends! Also with a house to take care of there is a yard to take care of too! I have to admit that I haven't been the best of unpacking and getting things settled. I think that has to do with the fact that I am getting more and more pregnant. I am so grateful for Todd and his willingness to do everything. He has been so great to unpack, clean, take care of the yard, all on top of working full time. After only being here a couple of weeks I do feel like we are pretty much settled and it really is starting to look like a home.
Next, time is flying by and I am getting closer and closer to having our second child. For the most part I am feeling great and I can't believe that I only have 7 weeks left. Isabelle is so excited to be a big sister and constantly asks when the baby is going to come. She also is a great help at picking out a name. She comes up with all kinds of names and asks me and Todd if we like them. She is going to be a great helper. I have a list of things that need to be done before the baby comes and I think it is going to come quicker than I think. I better get busy!
At the end of the month we celebrated Todd's birthday! He doesn't like it when we make a big deal of his birthday but we did go out to dinner and had cake and ice cream. I am so grateful for him and for all of his hard work. He works extra hard so that I can stay home with Isabelle and I really appreciate that. I love that he is so smart and is always learning something new. He puts up with a lot of drama in our house and he never complains. He is a great dad and Isabelle loves spending time with him. I hope that he had a great day and I hope he knows how much me and Isabelle love him!
One more thing, this last weekend I got a phone call from a good friend's son. My friend Alice had passed away after being diagnosed with cancer. I met Alice while we lived in Las Vegas. Although she was more like a grandma to me we became fast friends. We saw each other every day and spent a lot of time together. We came from totally different backgrounds but we had a lot in common. She helped me through a lonely time when I didn't have family around. She taught me many things and I truly valued her friendship. Even after I moved back to Utah we kept in touch and I am so grateful for that. I was able to share my testimony with her and give her a Book of Mormon. She had lots of questions about what we believed. At one point she said that if she wasn't so old she would like to join our church. I talked to her after she was diagnosed with cancer and she asked me to pray for her. I had her in my prayers and wished for the best. This last week I felt like I needed to call her more than once. I never got around to calling her, and then I got a phone call from her son that she had passed on. I will always regret not listening to those promptings and I will forever be grateful for her friendship.
So this last month has been a busy one for us and I feel like the next couple months will only continue to stay busy. Hopefully I will get some pictures so that I can post soon. This is kind of a crazy post but now I am all caught up!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I would love to see pictures of your house once you are all put together. I hope we can all come down over UEA weekend and see it in person. I am excited for you to be in your first home, your right it is a lot of work!
Congrats on buying your first home! Thats very exciting!
You guys have been busy. How exciting to get a home!! (I'm little jealous :)) I can't wait to see pictures.
I'm sorry to hear about Alice. She did seem like a neat lady! It's good that she had your influence!
What names have you thought of for the baby?
Hey there girlie! You have been busy! I'm so excited for you and your new addition. Are you holding out on us with the name or do you not have one selected yet?
I'm so excited about your house! I want to see pictures of that too! Don't worry, that list keeps getting longer as the days go by and you realize what you would like to have in the house. We have lived in our house since February and we still don't have pictures hung yet! I haven't had ANY time since we have lived here though. I went straight from UNLV to Esthetician school and today was my last day. It's weird because I am really done with school this time! At least for a little while.
I'm sorry to hear about Alice. She indeed was a sweet lady. I think because of you she will accept the gospel in the spirit world! You should be proud of yourself for that. You're a great influence.
Congratulations! A new house and a new baby on the way, that is all so neat! I love that we can keep in touch and see what is going on in each others lives! Well, congratulations and good luck catching up on everything!
We miss you already! Post pictures of your new house! I would love to see it.
Maybe we can do playgroup at your house sometime!!
Wow! You are one busy family! So excited to see you this weekend! YAY!!!
Congrats on the house! That happened fast! I am so excited/jealous for you guys! Sometime when we are up that way we want to stop by and see.
heidi, i am glad you guys got all moved and everything. Can't wait to see pics! BTW - i am going private so email me kamberberger@msn.com and i will send you an invite.
For the first year after we bought our first house, I remember thinking that we might as well have all of J.'s salary transferred directly to the Home Depot! So I understand... But isn't it fun to have your own place and be able to blast your music whenever you feel like it?!!
We miss you! Thank goodness for blogs!
Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I thought your house was super cute! I only saw a small bit in the picture I saw of all of you guys together on Chandi's page. But, what I saw was cute!
We miss not having you guys close so we can play.
Hey this is Ali, is play group at your house tomorrow. Paige can't wait she loves you little girl.
Heidi, I cannot believe you are about to have this baby..CRAZY!!! Where are you delivering? I am so excited you are having a girl. I am so glad I stumbled on your blog, you are so great!!
Post a Comment