Saturday, August 2, 2008

Family Campout!

I am very lucky to have a great extended family. We are all very close and we all live relatively near each other. Every month we get together and have a big family night, we have lots of fun parties and every summer since I can remember we go on a big family vacation. Todd says that every time we get together we are going to a "family reunion", I don't see it that way. I am very grateful for my wonderful grandparents who have taught us how important families are.

This year we headed down to southern Utah to Todd's family cabin at Zionponderosa Resort. His cabin boarders Zion National Park. There were about 60 of us going down for a fun three days. We had lots of fun things planned: four-wheeling, hiking, swimming, playing in the dirt, lizard catching, repelling, rock painting, staying up late and lots more. Unfortanatley, because of some thunder clouds and a chance of flash floods we weren't able to go on the fun hike that we had planned that ended in Zion narrows. Instead we went on a different hike and had a fun time. Todd took some of my cousins on a hike that constisted of 10 repelles the longest one being over 100 feet. They had a great time too. We spent one day swimming and a lot of the time riding the four-wheelers. We even got my grandparents on the four-wheelers. It is not every day you see a 84 year old grandpa on the back of a ATV. After a tiring, hot but fun three days we all headed home. As usual the kids had a blast and didn't want to come home but as always there will be more fun family times. Todd was a great sport and made everyone have a great time. Like I said before I am so grateful for a wonderful family that I have and for the great heritage that my grandparents have made for us.



Sorry, I am having issues with arranging my pictures and I don't have the patience to deal with it right now:) More pictures will be coming shortly.

9 comments:

Becker said...

Sounds like a fun trip, especially for the kids. I LOVED getting together with my cousins when we were kids. Belle is so lucky to have so many cousins nearby.

Jon and Emily said...

Cute grandpa!!! I haven't been hiking in Southern Utah forever. I love it down there. Glad you guys had fun!

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

Yeah grandma and grandpa - they look pretty tough. That trip was so fun. Thanks for putting it all together!!

Tad and Liza said...

Just last night, Cori was crying saying that she wants her hair to be as long as Isabelle's. Poor girl, her hair doesn't stnd a chance next to Isabelle. Thanks again fro the cabin weekend.

Heather Ann said...

Looks like a GREAT weekend! We are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful State, huh!?!

Ang said...

Looks like fun! Your little girl is to cute! Is it possible that they're even cuter when they're all dirty!!! I think so. Congrats on another girl... how fun!! Lindsay just had their baby girl. So cute! Take care. -Angeline

Lindsey Smith said...

What a fun trip. And Congrats on you new family member. Girls are so sweet. I have aname dor you, Eva. I love it but I don't have a girl so I can't use it.

Tara Mogle said...

hey heidi so good to hear from you agina. Your family is so cute. Congrats on pregnancy #2. Kids are so much fun aren't they? hopefully this year we make it to the sanpete county fair so we can go to the derby there, the st. george derby just wasn't as good. The entertainment was better than the actual derby:) oh well, maybe we'll see you guys there!

The Bergers said...

I just read that you are having a girl! That is so exciting! congrats!