Friday, May 23, 2008

Finally, Our Cruise!

I have been waiting for the last month to be able to write about our fun cruise that we went on to Mexico. First of all we took my parents camera and couldn't get the pictures off for awhile, then we were having major computer problems, so here we are finally I can tell everyone how much fun we had.

So Todd and I had always talked about going on a trip when we graduated from school and it also happens to be our 5th anniversary around the same time. We found a great deal on a 5 day cruise to Baja Mexico, so we decided to go. We left out of San Diego and we had two stops, first was Cabo San Lucas and then we went to Ensenada. We couldn't believe how big the ship was and I was a little nervous about being on the ocean and out of sight from land. I really didn't think that I would get sick but that first night I was feeling a little woozy. We had a great time relaxing by the pool, watching all the fun shows, eating the amazing food, taking naps in the afternoon and watching all the people drink tons of alcohol.



Top of the huge ship before we left San Diego.



Getting our lesson on our life jackets!


The elegant night at dinner!

We took a chance and didn't book our excursions on the boat, so when we got off we found a Mexican and told him we wanted to go snorkeling. He booked us on this old, paint chipped catamaran.There weren't very many people on it with us but it turned out great. We had a great time snorkeling and while we were on the boat we saw a whale( which is very rare at this time of year), we saw a manta ray and the guy driving the boat caught two mahi mahi. We had a little time to do some shopping before we had to be back on the ship.


Lands End in Cabo while we were on the catamaran.


Todd bringing in the beautiful mahi mahi.

In Ensenada we took a bus to the La Bufadora, which is a big blow hole. We went through the city and our tour guide was really funny and informative. The blow hole was cool but the shopping around it was even better. We each got a few souvenirs and then headed back to the port. We got some lunch and then it was back on the ship. The next morning we arrived back in San Diego. We had a great trip and it was great to relax and get away with just the two of us. We missed Belle, although I don't think she missed us to much. She was too busy being spoiled at her grandma's and aunts house. Thanks so much to our great family who took such great care of our little one for us.




The amazing ice scultpure of a dragon on the ship.



One last picture of the Carnival Elation.

16 comments:

Kallie said...

Heidi, I am glad you finally put your cruise pictures on. Yea, we really like Cabo too, I wouldn't mind going back there since we only had like 6 hours to spend. Congratulations on your good news!

Becker said...

I always just look at your blog on Reader, so I haven't been to your actual blog site in a while. You're pregnant?!! Congratulations! 14 weeks? That means your due around mid-November? That's wonderful! I'm happy for you all! PLUS, a cruise?! Jonathan and I LOVED our little 4 nighter cruise out of LA and we're hoping to celebrate simimlarly when he gets out of school. Congrats again!

Turia said...

I'm glad you had fun. I really want to do the cruise thing someday. It looks like it was a blast... and can I just say...heidi.. you are gorgeous!! every picture of you is perfect!

Jamie said...

Hey looks like you two had a great time. You look cute in every picture Heidi. I am glad you had the chance to celebrate his graduation!

The Allen Family said...

Nice way to secretly post a secret baby countdown on the secret side and secretly announce that YOU'RE HAVING A BABY! You sly little stealth devils. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) You better bet your bottom that I'll be giving you a call this week. Miss you! Hugs!

Autumn & Chris said...

Hey Heidi-
Congrat's are in order.... A graduation and a baby!!! Oh how fun. Looks like you had a ton of fun on your cruise too. I'm SOOOOOO jealous!!! See ya at S.B. Night.
Autumn

Connor and Jana said...

So fun!! It looks like you guys had a great time!! I am sure it was a good break. Congrats to Todd on the big graduation, that is so exciting. Also, CONGRATS on the baby news!! I am so happy for you! Heidi, how have you been feeling? I am so happy for you!!

suds2004 said...

Heidi, I had know idea you went on a cruise! It looks like you had a great time. It was fun to see you and your family at the wedding. I'm sure I'll see you around!

Noriane said...

Heidi, you're pregnant?!! Congratulations and way to keep it under wraps for 14 weeks! I always envy your super flat stomach, so I guess I'm going to be the one looking "skinny" for the next few months now! You are very lucky.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Yay on being pregnant!! Congrats! It looks like you had so much fun on your cruise. You totally deserved a nice vacation with your hubby!

{Trisha} said...

Congrats on the baby news! That's exciting! And it looked like you had fun our your cruise! We are planning on doing the same thing for our 5 year! Fun!

John & Britta said...

How fun! I would love to go on a cruise. Vary sneaky way to announce a new baby, Belle must be very excited.

The Bergers said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am glad you guys enjoyed it. I think cruisin is such a fun way to travel!

Marinda said...

hey heidi!
congrats on the baby... it's been a few weeks since i've been to playgroup so i feel out of the loop! i found your blog from turia's...if you want to look at ours- send me an email (i'm on the playgroup distribution list) and i'll send you our link!

-marinda

Keisel Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. We have done that cruise before, but when we went it was pouring rain in every stop. It was terrible!

Hess Fam said...

Heidi how fun!! That is what Matt and I did for our honeymoon same cruise and everything! I loved it!! I am jealous I need vacation!!! and we still need to all get together!!