My husband has had the last few weeks off before he graduates and so he has been having lots of fun. Last year he decided that he wanted to pick up the fun hobby of turkey hunting. His family has a cabin in Southern Utah and so he put in to get a tag. He was lucky and drew out a turkey tag. He planned two different times to go hunting, one at the beginning and one at the end of the hunt. So for the last few weeks he has been getting ready. He has been studying turkeys, practicing his turkey calling, cleaning his gun, and shopping at Cabela's for camo. He really didn't think that he would get one this first week because he was just going to scout them out and practice his calling. We headed down to his cabin Sunday so we could be there for the opening day. Monday morning he got up at 5:20 and headed out. At noon on Monday he still hadn't come back so I didn't know if that was good news or bad. Soon after that he came back and had great news.
He had a great morning! He absolutely loved it. He saw lots of turkeys and had fun watching them react to his calls. He couldn't resist taking the perfect shot, so he came back with a big wild turkey! I was so proud of him! His first time turkey hunting and the first morning out he got a big one! He was very excited and wanted me to take lots of pictures. He spent the rest of the afternoon doing the not so fun part of cleaning and de-feathering it.
We have had a great time at the cabin, enjoying the good weather, going for walks, riding the four-wheeler and Isabelle going pretend turkey hunting! She thought it was so cool when her dad brought home that big turkey but didn't want to touch it. The next day she was following Todd around and said,
" Dad, remember when I got that turkey?"
" No, I don't remember."
"Ya, I called it in!"
"Oh, cool!"
"It was pink!"
8 comments:
Great work, Todd!! Although, that last shot with blood looks kinda like a scene from LOST or something. . . :) Glad you had a fun weekend! We really do wanna go to the cabin with you guys some time this summer. :)
Wow, looks like he did good!! My brother's all into hunting like that, and got him a turkey a few years ago that he "stuffed".. Pretty fun that you & Isabelle go and participate too..
Todd! I am amazed at your hunting skills. Is that what pharmacists do in their spare time? I miss you guys so bad. LOST is definately not the same without you.
Bryan
Oh my Husband would be so jealous...He's an avid hunter too.
It looks like he had a great time.
Good Job Todd!! Looks like a lot of fun!! When does Todd graduate?
Congrats!!
Okay, I would've never guessed that Todd would be a turkey hunter! Good Job! Cute that Belle was so interested!
I just had to tell you that I thought it was SO CUTE when Isabelle went up to sing with all of the primary kids on sunday! She is darling. I got a good laugh out of that!
Your blog looks so cute! It's fun to see all your pictures.
brockandbonnieriley.blogspot.com
Post a Comment