Thursday, December 6, 2007

Las Vegas, BABY!

This last week we had the chance to go back to Las Vegas. We lived there for two years and haven't been back since we moved away. It was really weird going back. For two years we called that home and then to go back and see where we lived was really weird. When we first moved down to Las Vegas I was not excited. I was happy that Todd was going to school and I tried my hardest to be supportive but moving away was not easy. We found a great place to live and had heard great things about living in Henderson/ Las Vegas. Everyone told me that it would be great experience and that the time would go by quickly. I didn't believe them. I will have to admit now that it was a great experience and time really did go by fast. It was great for our family and I learned and grew a lot. I was actually really sad when we moved, mostly because of the great friends that we had made. So I was so excited when we decided to go back for a quick visit. Todd had a conference this last week and so we went along for the ride.
We had such a great time, after the 6 hour drive. Isabelle actually did great on the ride. We visited our buddies that we use to see and play with everyday and had fun going to McDonalds and just letting the girls play. We had dinner with some old friends and stayed up late every night. Vegas is known for the great shopping so of course we had to go to the outlets and spend some money. We went to the chocolate factory and then saw the Christmas lights at the cactus garden with some more great friends. It was so fun to meet back up with good friends. When we lived down in Vegas we didn't have family around but I feel like we made friends that became our families. We had a quick fast trip but it was well worth it.


Isabelle and Jalena playing on the slide!

Isabelle at the cactus gardens

Isabelle- Leah- Addie

3 comments:

Turia said...

I remember feeling the same way when we left Phoenix when Brian was done with school. It was a real bitter sweet feeling to have that chapter of our life over with. We had met so many great people and had been through so much with the friends we made, it was hard to say goodbye. It's still some of my greatest memories.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

It was so good to see you guys in Vegas! I agree with you, it was kind of strange being back there. Bell is adorable. Hope to see you again soon!

Oh, and if you get a chance could you email me your address?

suds2004 said...

I can't believe Isabelle. She looks just like her mother. I haven't seen her forever. She is darling. I bet it was nice to have a little vacation and now Christmas is almost here. You will have to post pictures of the Base Party. I wont be able to come this year but I think I should still get a Christmas dress. Don't you think?