
This past Friday my grandpa George Wahlen past away. He was a wonderful, amazing man. I am so grateful for him and to be part of his family. Him and my grandma have always been such great examples to me. They always loved each other and showed it. They were married for 64 years! I feel so lucky to be his grand-daughter. We have so many fun and great memories with him. I know that a lot of people looked up to him for his service in the military but he He truly was our family hero! He never wanted to be in the spotlight, he was such a humble and patient man.
I am so grateful for the many times that I have taken my girls to there house and we have been able to visit with him. He would always tell us how special and beautiful we are. He taught me how to be strong, how to have fun and to be grateful for the freedoms that we get to enjoy because of other's sacrifices. Because of him and my grandma we have a very close and tight family. We enjoy being around each other and we see our extended family quite often and I love that.
Although this is a very hard time for our family I am grateful for the knowledge that we have that we will see him again. I am eternally grateful for him and for his life here on earth. I love you very much grandpa and you will be deeply missed!
5 comments:
I was wondering if that was your grandpa. When I first heard it on the news last week, I wasn't sure, but I thought it was. You and your mom look just like him. We even went on the internet to see if we could find out if it was him forsure, but we were unable too. We are so sad for your lose, he sounds like an amazing man, who has done a lot of great things in his life.
sorry about your grandpa :( He was a wonderful man!! If you need any babysitters on Thursday I can help! We need to exchange pictures from Washington I lost some of them my camera went on the frits. Love to all your family! Stay Strong and we will take to you later! Love Christy
Heidi, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing. Even though I didn't know him, I know that he was a great man because of the kind of person that you are. Thank goodness for the Gospel! Hugs to you and your family.
Heidi, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa's passing. Even though I didn't know him, I know that he was a great man because of the kind of person that you are.
___________________
Vince
Email Marketing Solutions
Hey, I hope you're doing okay. I'm sorry! :( On a happier note, your girls are gorgeous!
Post a Comment