Thursday, April 16, 2009
What am I doing up at this hour???
Ok, here it is 4:30Am and I am sitting at the computer. I am asking myself, WHY? Some parts of motherhood are just not fun! So from the very beginning Hayden has been a pretty good sleeper. I got her on a regular schedule and she would sleep 10-11 hours at night from about one month on. I thought life was great! Then about a month ago things all went down hill fast. All of a sudden she started waking up in the middle of the night. I would go and put her binkie back in her mouth, wrap her back up in her blanket and she would fall back asleep...for about an hour. So I did this process about 6 times a night. I knew that she could go for a long period of time with out eating so I didn't want to feed her because I didn't want her to get into that habit. Well I put up with it for a couple of nights. Then we went on a little vacation and it is impossible to be on a schedule on vacation. So after we got back I thought she would go back to her old sleeping habits. WRONG! Then she got RSV, which is horrible! She couldn't breath well and was very congested so of course she wasn't sleeping well. So now after a couple of weeks we should be back to normal. If things were normal I wouldn't be awake right now. She is five months so I decided that she is old enough to let her cry it out! I absolutely HATE this part of being a mom. It breaks my heart to let her just cry. I would much rather just cuddle her but I know that she needs to learn to put herself to sleep. So after about 45minutes to an hour of crying I think she is settling down. It takes everything I have not to run in there, pick her up and snuggle her in bed with me. I am trying so hard to be a good mom and be strong. I know this first night is the hardest and then hopefully it will be much easier after this. Some people might say it is horrible to just let your child cry. I feel that although it is super hard right now it will make my life much easier in the future. So here I am awake in the wee hours of the morning...I stop for a second and there is SILENCE! I better get to bed! I LOVE being a mom! Hopefully tomorrow night will be much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, Heidi I feel your pain. Dax was the same way. They eventually do learn to calm themselves down and fall back asleep. Since Dax was so little he never really did sleep through the night without eating so I used to get up and feed him. Hang in there, your doing great.
Sadie did the EXACT same thing at 4 months. I was up every hour with her. I know how you must be feeling because I was a zombie!!! Letting her cry it out worked for me though...but it is super hard to listen to tem crying. You just want to run in there and save them. And of course you are the best mom ever. You are my inspiration. I only hope I am half so good a mom as you.
OH, I HATE THIS PART! Letting them cry it out is just painful! I hope Hayden is doing better for you now and I hope you're getting more sleep! We've been there though, girly (we STILL have to re-train Caleb how to sleep every few months...turns out he's lactose intolerant, so maybe knowing that will help him sleep better). Can't wait to see you all soon!
Oh I know how you feel! We just get Jack on a schedule and he gets sick! Or we went on our trip and it got messed up too! He is 12 months and he has slept through the night TWICE in his life! I feel your pain!
Good luck, this is so hard! I am not good at letting them cry. We had to with Ben, it was so sad. You really are a wonderful mom!
Hey Heidi I found you today and I also sent Michelle a comment!! Your blog is really cute!!! I will keep in touch and you can connect to mine and ReyAns. She will be excited to see yours also so drop her a line! Happy Family Times LOL Talk to you later!! Christy
Post a Comment